The Port of Toledo was officially incorporated on May 21, 1910 and encompasses 443 square miles. The Port is an involved part of the region’s economic base as it seeks to promote the economic, recreational, and cultural health of Toledo and the surrounding community. The Port supports the local maritime industry and other local businesses through its Yaquina Boatyard repair facility and Industrial Property rental opportunities.
Besides its economic concerns, the Port also supports the recreational desires of residents and visitors through Public Services like recreational moorage, launch facilities, and the non-motorized paddle park and day launch area that is a favorite for kayak and canoe enthusiasts and wildlife watchers. On the third weekend in August, the Port sponsors the annual Toledo Wooden Boat Show, which brings many visitors and considerable outside recognition to the community.
A comprehensive history of the Port’s first 100 years was written by Jim Hitchman of Waldport. Printed copies are for sale at the Port of Toledo office and include pictures or download The Port of Toledo Oregon 1910-2010.